Resurrection Sunday is an important occasion for Christians as they celebrate Easter, but it's also an opportunity for anyone to celebrate with family and friends. With American Tent, coming up with Easter party ideas is a breeze, and we've got you covered with event tents for your celebration. If you're in need of some Easter theme party ideas, our team is here to help make your Easter Sunday a huge success.
1. Think about the Venue
Unleashing the spirit of Easter calls for a celebratory gathering in the great outdoors. The search for the ultimate outdoor Easter party ideas begins here. Perhaps, your place of worship with a lush outdoor space could be the ideal location to hold your celebration, complemented by a festive Easter tent. Local parks and nature reserves could also prove to be suitable spots, with some even offering the option to reserve their space for a nominal fee or even for free. If you're blessed with a spacious backyard, host your outdoor Easter party right at home and elevate the ambiance with backyard tents.
Ensure you have ample space for the tent, and check with local officials to avoid any permit issues. With springtime weather, it's crucial to select a venue with proper drainage to avoid any dampness from spring thaws and April showers. When choosing an Easter tent, keep in mind the number of guests, seating arrangements, and party activities to create a memorable outdoor Easter celebration.
2. Send Out Your Easter Themed Party Invitations
Be sure to send out your Easter party invitations well in advance. Include all of the details in your invitation, including:
- Time, date, and location.
- Dress recommendations: formal or casual.
- Suggestions for a dish to pass or other items you’d like guests to bring.
- Request for any dietary restrictions and allergies.
- An itinerary of events, such as planned activities like games or an Easter Egg hunt
- RSVP instructions.
You can email invitations or set up an event on Facebook to track guests. Or, if you want to make a bigger impression on your guests, go the old-fashioned route and mail handmade invitations to your guests.
3. Prepare Seating, Tables, and Linens
When planning your garden dinner party, be sure to think carefully about seating arrangements, because that will help determine what size tent you will need. Do you want banquet seating or separate round tables? If you expect a lot of children to attend you may want to have separate kid tables with Easter coloring books and crayons to keep them busy. Other Easter party ideas include a buffet table so guests can fill up their plates. Finally, have fun with your table settings! Bouquets of colorful fresh tulips or crisp white Easter lilies are classic centerpieces.
4. Consider Heating
When compiling your list of Easter party supplies, don't forget about the comfort of your guests within your Easter tents. Unfortunately, Easter can often bring chilly weather, and in some regions, snow may even be present on the big day.
Fortunately, the experts at American Tent are here to help, providing expert advice on selecting the perfect Easter tent, as well as the best heating options to ensure your guests stay warm and toasty. Don't let Mother Nature dampen your celebration, consider adding tent sidewalls and flooring to your Easter tents to enhance the comfort and experience of your guests.
5. Decide on Easter Themed Party Food
No Easter Sunday celebration is complete without an Easter feast! If you’re planning a brunch, Easter themed party food ideas include:
- Egg bakes or quiches with ham, cheese, broccoli, or other favorite veggies.
- Pancakes or waffles.
- Fresh fruit.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Baked foods, like sticky buns or blueberry muffins.
For luncheon or dinner Easter celebrations, consider the following Easter menu:
- Ham - the traditional favorite!
- Seven-layer salad.
- Warm buns with butter.
- Steamed vegetables such as asparagus or green beans.
- Baked, mashed, or au gratin potatoes.
Of course, the most exciting part of an Easter feast is the sweets at the end! Our favorite Easter themed party treats include:
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Lemon frosted cupcakes.
- Cheesecake topped with cherries or blueberries.
- Angel food cake.
- Vanilla Easter bunny cake.
- Frosted sugar cookies shaped like Easter eggs.
If you’re planning to incorporate cocktails into your Easter themed party, here are some ideas worth raising your glass to:
- Easter Eggnog: Made with eggnog, rum, and nutmeg, this sweet and creamy cocktail is perfect for the holiday season.
- Hot Cross Bun: Made with cinnamon schnapps, vanilla liqueur, and orange juice, this sweet and spicy cocktail is a nod to the traditional Easter sweet roll.
- Carrot Martini: This sweet and fruity cocktail is made with carrot juice, gin, and orange liqueur.
- Easter Punch: Don’t forget the mocktails! Made with pineapple juice, lemon-lime soda, and a splash of grenadine, this sweet and fruity punch is perfect for the whole family.
Unleash the joy and skip the stress of cooking for your Easter bash by opting for a catered feast! But before you fire up the grill or set up your food stations, make sure to consult the weather forecast to avoid any soggy surprises. Keep your guests cozy and dry with our stylish high peak tents, handy heavy-duty pop-up tents, or small frame tents – a popular choice for catering and food preparation stations.
6. Easter Party Themes, Decorations, and Accessories
When choosing Easter theme party supplies, the options can seem overwhelming. It’s helpful to first think about the theme of your event and your plans for the day.
- Easter Brunch Party: If you’re hosting Easter brunch, a garden theme will help you narrow down your decor options. Easter party decorations, like fresh flowers and colorful table runners, will add a festive touch. A buffet works best for brunch, allowing guests to fill (and refill) their plates at leisure. Keep it simple with a coffee station and pitchers of ice water on the tables.
- Easter Egg Party: This theme is geared more towards the kids (or those who are kids at heart). Easter egg balloons add whimsy and make perfect party favors for little ones. Small bunnies make cute centerpieces that your guests will also be happy to take home.
- Easter Dinner Party: If your Easter party yard tent decoration ideas are a bit more formal, consider hosting a fancy Easter dinner party. Instruct guests to dress in their Sunday best and set a formal table with crisp white tablecloths and fragrant hyacinth bouquets.
7. Get Ready with Easter Games and Activities
Feast on delectable treats and gear up for an afternoon of Easter festivities. Turn up the fun with our favorite Easter themed party games, perfect for the great outdoors.
- Classic Easter Egg Hunt: Let the egg hunt begin! This classic game is always a hit at Easter egg hunt themed parties, hiding eggs for your guests to find and collect.
- Pin the Tail on the Easter Bunny: A twist on the classic Pin the Tail on the Donkey, bring a smile to your guests' faces with this silly game.
- Cornhole: Test your aim with this classic backyard game. A perfect addition to any outdoor Easter celebration.
- Badminton: Get competitive with a game of Badminton, an excellent outdoor activity for the spring weather.
- Egg in Spoon Race: A classic egg-and-spoon race is a fun and simple way to get everyone moving.
- Three-Legged Hop Race: Hop to it! Team up with a partner and see who can hop the fastest with three legs instead of two.
- Easter Bunny Piñata: Add a sweet surprise to your Easter celebration with a piñata shaped like a bunny. Fill it with treats and let the bashing begin!
- Easter Egg Toss: Teams stand at a certain distance from each other and take turns tossing a raw Easter eggs back and forth, moving further away after each successful catch.
If inclement weather forces you inside, don't worry, the fun doesn't have to stop. Here are some indoor game ideas to keep the laughter going:
- Easter Word Find: Put your puzzle skills to the test with an Easter-themed word find.
- Easter Word Jumble: Unscramble words related to Easter for a fun and challenging activity.
- Easter Trivia: Brush up on your Easter knowledge and test your friends with an Easter-themed trivia game.
- Easter Bingo: A classic game with a festive twist, play Easter Bingo for hours of fun.
- Easter Charades: Get creative and act out Easter-themed words and phrases for your guests to guess.
- Easter Cookie and Egg Decorating: Get your creative juices flowing with a fun cookie and egg decorating competition.
- Easter Basket Decorating: Provide guests with baskets and a variety of materials to decorate them into the most festive Easter basket.
8. Don’t Forget Easter Themed Party Favors
Easter party theme ideas are not complete without the corresponding favors - and there is something for everyone!
- Sweet Treats: Consider handing out easter themed party favors like classic chocolate Easter eggs or something more elaborate like Easter-themed cookies or cupcakes.
- Fun Trinkets: For something small and playful, pass out fun trinkets like Easter bunny-shaped erasers.
- DIY Favors: If you're looking for a personal touch, consider creating DIY favors for your guests like potted herbs with Easter-themed tags or an Easter craft like pastel colored thank you cards.
Additional Tips for Hosting an Easter Party
Hosting an Easter party can be a fun and festive way to celebrate the holiday with friends and family. Here are some helpful Easter hosting tips:
- Set a Date and Guest List: When planning your Easter party, choose a date that works best for you and your guests. Create a guest list based on your desired number of attendees and send out invitations several weeks in advance.
- Coordinate with Friends and Family: Party planning can be a lot of work, but it doesn't have to be done alone. Reach out to friends and family members to see if they can lend a hand. Ask if anyone is willing to bring a dish or help with decorations to lighten your load.
- Accommodate All Guests: To ensure that everyone has a good time at your Easter party, it's important to consider the diverse interests of your guests when developing your Easter hosting ideas. For example, if you're hosting a mixed-age gathering, consider incorporating activities and entertainment that will appeal to children as well as adults so everyone can enjoy the celebration together.
- Prepare for Weather Conditions: When planning an Easter party, be mindful of the weather conditions. If your celebration is going to be held outdoors, make sure you have a backup plan to your Easter garden party ideas. Set up a tent or have an indoor space available to ensure that the party can go on, regardless of the weather.
Prepping your party tent for Easter will ensure a fun and festive holiday. At American Tent, we are passionate about helping make the most of every celebration. Contact us today to get started planning and get great tips for how to plan an Easter party.