Outdoor gyms are a great way to save money and enjoy the outdoors during your workout. That is, if the weather cooperates, of course. The elements are always a threat to your outdoor gym without the proper coverage. Luckily, investing in an outdoor gym tent can instantly solve these problems.
Outdoor gym tents provide excellent coverage from harsh weather conditions, keeping you and your equipment shielded. We're breaking down our most popular gym tents, so keep reading to find which tent is right for your space!
As their name implies, these tents are easy to set up and offer the ultimate convenience for your outdoor gym tent.
Features: These smaller-sized tents make a great choice for a personal, at-home gym right in your own backyard. They can even help accommodate a transportable/mobile gym, as pop-up tents are super easy to store and transport.
- Manageable size
- Lightweight frame making it easy to transport
- Easy-to-assemble setup and tear down that can be completed by one person
- Can be set up on a variety of surfaces, including grass and concrete, as it does not steaks to be properly secured
- Smaller in size and not suitable for large outdoor gyms for groups of people
- Can be flimsy if you don’t buy a high-quality outdoor gym canopy
Looking for a tent that can upgrade your outdoor gym space? Pole tents offer a chic, elegant look that can completely transform your external gym.
Features: With a central pole and sweeping canopy peaks, pole tents are beautiful inside and out and can help you create a beautiful outdoor space that is only enhanced by your gym tent.
- Central pole and steaks around the tent for added support and security
- Comes in a wide range of sizes that can accommodate an entire exercise class or fitness group
- Unsuitable as a gym tent on asphalt, concrete, or other hard surfaces as pole tents must be staked into the ground
- Can be more time-consuming to set up than a pop-up or frame tent
Easily one of our most popular and versatile products is the frame tent. Perfect for any kind of outside gym, frame tents can work for personal and commercial gym setups.
Features: Frame tents can be set up anywhere without the need for stakes and give you more space to move around and use your outside gym without a central pole.
- Provides ample unobstructed space inside your gym tent
- Made to set up quickly and easily with minimal crew
- Easily transportable
- Versatile for setup areas as it does not have to be staked down to be fully secure
- Have less of a visual appeal than a pole tent
- More setup time and crew than pop-up tents
Do I Need Sidewalls?
Sidewalls are a great addition to your outdoor gym tent if you are setting up a long-term outdoor gym that will need to be even more protected from the elements and can be easily attached to any of the tents mentioned above. Sidewalls also allow you to heat and cool your gym tent so you can utilize your space in all temperatures.
What Tent Size Does My External Gym Need?
Size requirements for your tent will depend on your outside gym and what you’ll be doing. A personal gym, for example, could be easily accomplished with a smaller-sized 10x10 pop-up tent. This won’t allow for many machines, but for weights and small equipment, it will work perfectly.
A larger tent will be needed if you are creating a commercial outdoor gym for various machines and clients. For a space that can accommodate multiple people comfortably, we recommend something like our 20x30 frame tent or 30x30 pole tent.
So What to Choose?
No matter what canopy gym space you’re dreaming of creating, American Tent can help you find the perfect outdoor tent. Get started by checking out the roundup of our favorite American Tent products for your external gym:
Still having trouble finding the perfect outdoor gym tent? Contact us today! We would love to assist you in choosing which style and size tent will work for your space and can't wait to hear about your outdoor gym!