Super Bowl LVII: is happening on February 12, 2023, and it’s time to get started on your Super Bowl party planning! If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party, keep reading for our top Super Bowl party tips.
Weeks Before the Party
#1 Create a Guest List and Send Out Invites
Don't let time run out! Start crafting your guest list and sending out your Super Bowl party invites as soon as possible. With Covid concerns, you may consider limiting your guests to close family members. However, if you and your guests feel comfortable, you still can host a big outdoor Super Bowl bash. Super Bowl invitations can be sent the old-fashioned way - via mail - or digitally through social media or email.
What Time Is Super Bowl LVI Kickoff?
Are you ready to score big with the ultimate game-day bash? If you're new to hosting a Super Bowl party, you may be asking yourself, "When do the pre-game festivities begin?". Well, the big game may kick off at 5:30 PM CST, but the party should start way before that. Don't fumble with party planning, let us give you some touchdown-worthy ideas!
How to Watch Super Bowl LVII?
Get ready to huddle up with your squad for a Super Bowl watch party and tune into the national broadcast on Fox! But before the big game, make sure to give your guests some time to mix and mingle, chow down on some snacks, and make their bold predictions. Whether you're tuning in for the fierce competition, the electrifying halftime show, or even just the commercials, there's something for everyone on game day!
#2 Decide on the Venue
A huge part of Super Bowl watch party planning is choosing the venue. You have many places to watch the Super Bowl choose from, but the most popular - and traditional - option is to plan a Super Bowl viewing party at home. If you’re planning on an outdoor Super Bowl party, the weather will be a big consideration. February is still chilly in most parts of the country, so you’ll need to think about how to keep your guests warm. Hosting your Super Bowl Watch Party in a Super Bowl tent is a practical - and fun - solution! Considerations include:
- What size tent you’ll need, depending on the number of guests;
- What type of tent, can it be open or will you need sidewalls;
- How many tables and chairs will you need and will you need to rent them.
The Week Before the Game
#3 Plan Super Bowl Party Food
Now that you’ve sent out those fancy Super Bowl watch party invites and decided on the perfect game-day setup, it's time to start planning the menu! Our tips include:
- If you're feeling like a culinary superstar and want to make your own Super Bowl party food, keep it simple with finger foods and easy snacks so that you can enjoy the game with your guests. Some great food ideas for a super bowl party include buffalo chicken dip, mini sliders, and jalapeno poppers.
- Don't want to spend hours in the kitchen? Take-out or delivery pizzas are the ultimate game-day MVPs, and are always a fan favorite. They are one of the best super bowl ideas for food.
- And don't forget to include vegetarian and gluten-free options for guests with specific dietary restrictions, so everyone can enjoy the game and the food! Because let's be real, the only thing worse than a bad call from the refs is a stomach ache from bad food choices.
#4 Think about Drinks
Whether you're hosting a cozy get-together or a massive Super Bowl block party, you'll need to keep the drinks flowing. Just like your food menu, you'll want to keep your drink selection simple, yet satisfying. Keep a variety of beers on hand in a cooler for easy access, and make sure to provide recycling containers for the guests. Want to add a little extra flair to your super bowl themed party? Create a drink station with a variety of liquors and mixers and an ice bucket, so guests can whip up their own favorite cocktails. Don't forget to include the keywords: super bowl themed party in your party planning! Make sure your party is one to remember.
#5 Plan Super Bowl Party Decorations
It's time to add some spark to your celebration with some creative decorating ideas for your Super Bowl party! Here are some tips that will help you learn how to decorate for a Super Bowl party:
- Table decor: Use team-inspired decor like Super Bowl paper goods such as plates, napkins, and cups. Add some color with a team-themed tablecloth.
- Banners and balloons: Hang team banners and balloons to give your party a festive feel. You can easily find these items online or in party stores.
- Grass coasters: Use grass coasters to give your party a unique touch, these are Super Bowl accessories that make your party look like it's taking place on the field.
- Other decorating ideas for a Super Bowl party: Use your favorite team's mascot as part of the decor. You can also find other Super Bowl decorating ideas online or in party stores to add to your party decor.
#6 Configure Your Home Theater Setup
If you’re hosting your first outdoor Super Bowl event, you may be thinking about the best way to watch the big game. If you don’t have a garage made for entertaining, a backyard tent will ensure that your electronics are protected from the weather. Modern large screen televisions are relatively portable as long as you have a solid surface to place them on. Another option is to rent a projector and display the big game directly onto your tent's sidewall so that your guests can have an immersive game day experience. Our solid sidewalls and made with blockout vinyl, keeping the light out of your tent and allowing the game to shine bright.
#7 Plan Super Bowl Party Games
Sometimes the big game can be a bit of a snooze-fest, especially when your favorite team isn’t playing. Forget about the game for a moment and let's focus on the real MVPs of the day - the party games! Look no further, we've got you covered with our Super Bowl party game plan.
- Cornhole: This classic backyard game is perfect for a football watch party and a must-have in your game plan. It's easy to set up and your guests will love the friendly competition. Plus, it's a great way to burn off some of those buffalo wings.
- Quiz your guests: Test your guests’ knowledge of the Super Bowl history, players, and teams. It's a fun way to get everyone involved in the party, and maybe even learn a thing or two about the game. It's one of the best super bowl party games.
- Play commercial bingo: Print out some bingo cards with different brands that are advertising during the game, and see who can get bingo first. It's a great way to keep your guests engaged during the commercials and one of the most popular games for super bowl parties.
These games will keep your guests entertained, and they'll give you something to talk about long after the Super Bowl has ended. So, don't just sit there, get up and play!
The Day Before and the Game Day
#8 Get Cooking
Are you ready to throw the ultimate Super Bowl bash that your friends will be talking about for years to come? With a little bit of planning and some super bowl party ideas for adults, you can make it happen.
- Start prepping the day before: Instead of running around like a crazy person on game day, get a head start by doing as much prepping and cooking as you can the day before. This will give you more time to relax and enjoy the party with your guests.
- Check in with your vendor: If you're having your event catered or ordering food, be sure to check in with your vendor to ensure your order will be on time. No one likes to wait around for food when they're hungry and ready to cheer on their team.
- Stay comfortable: No one likes grilling in cold temperatures or rain. Invest in a heavy-duty pop-up tent to keep you and your grill dry while you prepare your Super Bowl feast. It's like an umbrella for your BBQ, and it'll make sure your burgers don't turn into soggy hockey pucks. Plus, you'll look like a pro, grilling up a storm while your guests stay dry and comfortable.
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to throwing the best Super Bowl party around! So, let's get the party started!
#9 Plan the Clean-Up
Clean-up might not be the most glamorous aspect of hosting a Super Bowl viewing party, but it's important. Whether your team wins or loses, you’ll come out ahead if you plan the clean-up in advance. Enlist a few family members and friends to help out after the game is over. To be extra efficient, assign specific clean-up tasks to each volunteer. Also, keep plenty of trash and recycling easily accessible at the party so guests will leave minimal mess. If you want to save your decorations for next year, purchase an inexpensive plastic tote and stash everything safely away for the next big game day.
After the Super Bowl party is over, it's time to take down the tent! But don't worry, it's an easy process. follow the instructions that came with your tent to disassemble it. Make sure to take your time and work carefully so you don't damage any of the tent's parts. Once the tent is disassembled, you can store it in a dry, cool place until your next party. And that's it!
#10 Set Up Heating Supplies
As we mentioned before, February weather is notoriously finicky. Unless you’re a Green Bay Packer fan and accustomed to watching the game in freezing temperatures, you’ll want to make sure your guests stay warm and toasty for your football watch party. Keep in mind:
- Outdoor heaters are generally inexpensive to either purchase or rent.
- Be sure to choose a heater that will work efficiently and effectively in your party space.
- For more advice, check out our recent blog for advice on the best ways to heat a party tent in the winter.
More Tips to Keep Your Super Bowl Event Safe
#11 Opt for Take-Out Food
If you’re concerned about how to throw a Super Bowl party and keep your guests safe, that’s understandable. Luckily we’ve got the best super bowl party ideas for keeping your guests comfortable. Take-out food not only takes a lot of pressure off the host but also makes it easier to separate guests and keep them from gathering too closely.
#12 Make an NFL-Themed Mask
Even if your guests don’t love wearing masks, they won’t mind too much if they are festive Super Bowl party masks. If you’re not a fan of either team this year, or your favorite team let you down (we’re looking at you Packers), provide guests with masks that feature your home team’s logo. So grab some fabric paint, and some plain masks, and let's get crafting! And don't worry, even if your team didn't make it to the big game, you can still rock your home team's logo with this fun idea for super bowl party halftime events.
#13 Set Up a Sanitation Station
Our most important Super Bowl party tips are about safety. Keep up with CDC guidelines and make it easy for your guests to do their part by providing hand sanitizing stations or by providing inexpensive hand sanitizer Super Bowl party favors for your guests to use and keep. Use sanitizing wipes to clean surfaces frequently and strategically place garbage bins for easy disposal.
#14 Serve Condiments in Individual Portions
Serve up condiments in individual portions, a creative and practical solution for keeping germs at bay. Ditch the communal serving utensils and opt for small cups or packets of your favorite condiments. This is one of the best ideas for a super bowl party as it eliminates the need for communal serving utensils and reduces the risk of cross-contamination.
#15 Have a Stash of Blankets
Hosting a superbowl party under a backyard tent is a great way to enjoy the game outdoors, but it can get chilly as the evening progresses. Be prepared for any weather by having wool blankets in team colors or even personalized with the team's logo. Your guests will appreciate the extra touch and be able to enjoy the game in comfort.
#16 Make Water Bottle Labels
Make your Super Bowl party more fun and personalized by creating custom labels for your guests' drinks. Print them out on adhesive paper and stick them on cups, cans, or bottles. It's an easy and affordable way to add a special touch to your party while preventing drinks from getting mixed up. It's a small detail that will make a big impact on your party's atmosphere and guests' experience.
#17 Offer Guests to Spend the Night
Don't let the party end when the game does! Invite your guests to spend the night and avoid the hassle of arranging safe rides home. Or, if they insist on heading home, make sure to have a designated driver or phone number for a local cab and Uber services readily available.
Even though we’re bummed that our beloved Packers won’t be playing the Super Bowl this year, we’re still excited here at American Tent for the big day. We’re also excited to help make your Super Bowl party a huge success! Contact us today to get started planning your event.