Every year on March 17th, people around the globe gather to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. This holiday, made official in the early 17th century, has become a beloved tradition, transcending heritage and religious beliefs. Before the pandemic, gatherings at pubs were a popular way to celebrate with friends and family. However, with concerns over large crowds, many are opting to throw St Patrick's Day parties at home. To make sure your event goes smoothly, consider incorporating an outdoor event tent. With March weather being unpredictable, having a sturdy, weather-resistant option can make all the difference. To make your St Patrick's Day party a success, consider these ideas for St Patrick's Day and learn how to throw a St Patrick's Day party.
#1 Take the Saint Patrick's Day Party Outside
With spring on the horizon and cabin fever setting in after a long, cold winter, what better way to celebrate the arrival of warmer weather than with a festive St Patrick’s Day theme party? If you're looking for unique St Patrick’s Day party ideas to incorporate into your celebration, consider hosting your party outdoors and giving your guests an opportunity to bask in the sun (or shelter under an outdoor tent, just in case). Not only will this keep your home clean and tidy, but it also allows the host to be fully immersed in the festivities. When it comes to throwing a St Patrick's Day party, keeping your guests protected from the unpredictable March weather is key, and an outdoor event tent is the perfect solution.
#2 Send St. Patrick's Party Themed Invitations
Before you get too caught up in Saint Patrick’s Day party ideas, be sure to send out your invitations with plenty of time in advance. Be sure to include:
- Time, date, and location.
- Dress recommendations.
- Suggestions for a dish to pass or other items you’d like guests to bring.
- An itinerary of events, such as planned activities.
- RSVP instructions.
#3 Set an Irish Mood with These St. Patrick's Day Decorating Ideas
It's time to add some Irish flair to your St. Patrick's Day party ideas! With a stunning outdoor event tent in place, it's now time to decorate it to the hilt with St. Patrick's Day décor. Embrace the iconic green color, symbolizing the Emerald Isle and the arrival of spring, and incorporate moss and other greenery to give it a touch of nature. Looking for creative ideas for your St. Patrick's Day party? Here are some top ideas for Saint Patrick's Day decorations:
- Dazzle up your party with shamrock garlands that can be hung from the ceiling or used to decorate the walls.
- Create charming centerpieces by filling a vase with green flowers and adding a few paper shamrocks around it, or use them to make a table runner down the center of a green tablecloth.
- Add some fun with shamrock shaped balloons or green balloons with shamrock prints.
- Delight your guests with shamrock photo booth props that they can use to take fun photos.
- Purchase inexpensive leprechaun hats for your guests to wear at the party and get bonus points if you can find ones with attached red beards!
- Light-up leprechaun hats add a fun and festive touch to your Irish party decor.
- T-shirts with classic St. Paddy's day themes, like "Kiss Me I'm Irish," are also sure to be a hit.
- Create a whimsical backdrop for photos with a rainbow of colored streamers.
- Add the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow by placing a pot of gold cookie jar filled with gold-wrapped candies or chocolate gold coins.
- Add a pop of color to your drinks with rainbow-colored punches or rainbow-colored shot glasses.
#4 Plan St. Patrick’s Day Party Food
It wouldn’t be a party, especially a St. Patrick’s Day party, without Irish themed food and drinks. Make your dinner party extra special by choosing a traditional Irish meal. Your guests will enjoy tasting old favorite recipes and maybe trying a new dish as well. Here are some fun St. Patrick's day ideas:
Irish Appetizers For St Patrick’s Day
- Soda Bread: The traditional Irish side dish and pairs well with just about anything on your menu. For an easy and tasty appetizer, make a cheesy, fondue dip (made with Irish stout of course) with skewers of soda bread for dipping.
- Sliders: Speaking of easy, sliders are the ultimate party finger food. Give your sliders and Irish twist by using corned beef and cabbage as your primary ingredients.
- Shamrock Shaped Sugar Cookies: The perfect ending for your Irish feast. Or make (or purchase) cakes or cupcakes decorated with rainbows
- Irish Nachos: Instead of tortilla chips, use thinly sliced and fried potatoes as the base for this fun twist on classic nachos. Top with grated cheddar cheese, diced corned beef, green onions, and a drizzle of Thousand Island dressing. Serve with a side of sour cream for dipping.
St Patrick’s Day Children’s Party Food Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes: They can be decorated with green frosting, shamrock shaped sprinkles, or even a gold coin candy to represent their very own pot o gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Clover Cookies: These cute and festive cookies can be made in various shapes, sizes and colors and are sure to bring a smile to everyone's face.
- Rainbow Donuts: They can be made from scratch or purchased pre-made from a bakery. For an added touch of festive spirit, consider topping your rainbow donuts with rainbow sprinkles or edible glitter.
- Rainbow Fruit Pizza: Cut up different fruits into bite-sized pieces and arrange them on a sugar cookie crust with cream cheese frosting.
- Green Milk: Add a few drops of green food coloring to a glass of milk to make it festive.
- Pot o Gold Pretzels: Dip pretzels in melted chocolate and sprinkle with gold glitter or edible gold dust.
Green St. Patrick's Day Potluck Ideas
- Corned beef and cabbage soup: A traditional Irish meal, this hearty soup is the perfect food for St. Patrick's Day party. Simply cook diced corned beef, sliced cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a savory broth for a filling and flavorful dish.
- Shepherd's Pie: A comforting casserole made with ground beef or lamb, mixed with vegetables and topped with a layer of creamy mashed potatoes.
- Chocolate Guinness Cake: A decadent chocolate cake made with rich Guinness beer and topped with a luscious chocolate ganache.
- Irish whiskey drinks: Give a nod to the Emerald Isle with some Irish whiskey drinks like a classic Irish coffee, whiskey sour, or whiskey ginger. If you're feeling adventurous, mix it up with a whiskey mint julep or a whiskey hot toddy. Don't forget to garnish your drinks with a twist of lemon or a sprig of mint for a festive touch.
- Green beer: Classic green beer is always a crowd pleaser and Saint Patrick's day classic!
#5 Hire Irish Dancers
Hiring Irish dancers for your St Patrick's Day party can add a touch of traditional charm to your celebration. With their energetic footwork, elaborate costumes, and captivating performance, these dancers will bring a touch of Ireland to your St Patrick's Day parties and help create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
#6 Listen to Traditional Irish Music
Listening to traditional Irish music is an essential part of any Irish-themed party. From upbeat reels to soulful airs, Irish music provides a lively backdrop for your Irish-themed party ideas. Raise a glass of green beer and let the good times roll with some unforgettable Irish music at your St Patrick's Day celebration!
#7 Fill St. Patrick's Day Party with Games and Activities
Make your St Patrick's Day celebration one to remember with a little bit of luck and a whole lot of fun! Plan a pot of gold's worth of games, activities, and crafts to keep your guests entertained and the party atmosphere lively and engaging. Whether you want to get your guests in the Irish spirit with some traditional games, or just provide a little bit of lighthearted entertainment, incorporating games, activities, and crafts into your St Patrick's Day party is the key to ensuring everyone has a good time.
If weather permits, the usual outdoor games such as cornhole, croquet, or a St. Patrick’s themed scavenger hunt are good choices for guests of all ages. If the weather isn’t cooperating, play some Irish trivia or shamrock bingo under the protection of your outdoor tent. For younger guests, here are some fun ideas:
St. Patrick’s Day Bingo
With lively callers, vibrant graphics, and plenty of chances to win, St Patrick's Day Bingo is the perfect way to add some excitement to your party. Whether you're hosting a big bash or a small gathering of friends, this game is sure to be a hit with guests of all ages.
Gold Coin Toss
Bring some Irish luck to your St Patrick's Day celebration with a Pot of Gold Coin Toss, a must-have for any St Patrick's Day games for adults lineup! This fun and simple game is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike as they compete to see who can throw the most coins into a pot.
St. Patrick’s Day Word Find
Get ready to put your Irish wit to the test with a St Patrick's Day Word Find! This fun and festive puzzle is the perfect way to add a little bit of brainpower to your celebration. With a sea of green, clovers, pots of gold, and all things St Patrick's Day, your guests will love searching for the hidden words among the jumbled letters.
Pin the Hat on the Leprechaun
Get ready for some good old-fashioned fun with Pin the Hat on the Leprechaun! This classic party game is sure to have your guests laughing and having a blast as they take turns trying to pin the leprechaun's hat in the right place.
#8 Don’t Forget St. Patrick's Day Party Favors
Party favors are a great way to thank your guests for attending your St Patrick's Day celebration and add an extra special touch to the occasion. They serve as a little memento of the fun and festivities, and can be customized to fit the theme of your party. These small gestures go a long way in showing your guests how much you appreciate them and make for a memorable celebration that they'll never forget. Check out these green-theme St. Patrick’s Day party favor ideas:
Get ready to unleash your creativity with a Leprechaun Bookmark crafting activity at your St Patrick's Day party! Not only will your guests have fun making their own personalized bookmarks, but they'll also have a useful and charming keepsake to take home with them. With green construction paper, glitter, markers, and other fun craft supplies, the possibilities for customization are endless.
Lucky Blarney Stone
Unleash your inner leprechaun and get ready to make some magic with a Salt Dough Blarney Stone crafting station at your St Patrick's Day party! Mix flour, salt, and water to create a dough, mold into shapes, bake, and decorate with green and gold paint.With just a few simple ingredients and a dash of creativity, they'll have a one-of-a-kind keepsake to take home and cherish forever.
To make glitter jars to fulfill your St Patrick's Day party ideas, you will need just a few simple supplies: glass jars with lids, green and gold glitter, Mod Podge, Brushes, and Ribbons or tags for decoration. Fill jars with green and gold glitter, add a ribbon or tag, and let guests take them home as a symbol of luck and prosperity.
DIY Clover Packets are a simple yet charming party favor for guests to take home from your St Patrick's Day celebration.Fold green and gold paper into a packet, fill with clover seeds, and personalize with a note or label.
Whether you’re planning a party for St. Patrick’s Day, birthday, or any special event requiring a tent, American Tent is here to help you make the day perfect for your guests. Contact us today to get started.