Valentine’s Day event ideas don’t have to be limited to dinner at a fancy restaurant. How about hosting a tent party on Cupid’s big day instead? Whether you’re planning a romantic tent date or thinking about larger-scale Valentine’s Day parties, you have many party tent options to choose from.
#1 Decide on Menu
Valentine dinner themes can be as complex or simple as you like. If you’re planning a romantic tent date for two, why not splurge on a quality steak or lobster? If you’re planning on a crowd, ideas for your Valentine's day dinner party could include gourmet heart-shaped pizza and a bright caprese salad. No matter what you have in mind for Valentine's party food ideas, chocolate must make an appearance on your menu. Of course, nothing pairs better with rich chocolate than fine red wine.
#2 Chairs & Tables
Your happy Valentine’s day tent party would not be complete without plenty of seating and tables. Even the most basic tables and chairs can be dressed up to make your Valentine tent truly special. White tablecloths and chair coverings create a striking contrast to bright red bouquets. Or, for a dramatic and romantic tent, choose a red table and chair coverings. Just be sure that you have enough seating so that everyone has plenty of elbow room.
#3 Get a Tent
Tips for Valentine’s Day event planning include making sure you choose the right tent! The good news is that you have many options to ensure your Valentine's tent is truly memorable. Since February weather is notoriously unpredictable, sidewalls are a good option to ensure your guests stay comfortable and dry. A clear top tent is perfect for a romantic evening celebration under the stars. Just be sure to choose a reputable tent manufacturer so that your only surprise will be a sparkly gift from your sweetheart.
#4 Find Decorations
Now for the fun part - decorating your Valentine’s Day party tent! Fortunately, Valentine's Day party decorations are easy to find. American Tent suggestions include:
- Look for decor that matches your table settings.
- Use bouquets of fresh flowers to provide something beautiful for guests to look at as well as for their sweet fragrance.
- Add platters of beautifully decorated cookies and cupcakes for delicious decor that your guests can admire - and eat!
It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without romantic candles, be sure to choose colors and fragrances that will complement the rest of your tent decor.
#5 Plan Activities
Be sure to plan fun activities for your guests! Our tips for Valentine’s Day party entertainment include:
- Create a playlist of your favorite love songs. Make sure to include some anthems celebrating singles for your guests who don’t have a significant other. Just make sure you have room for dancing!
- Plan for a movie night featuring some of your favorite romantic comedies.
- Make it a wine tasting party with different pairings, charcuterie boards, and tapas.
- Set up a kissing booth and take photos to share with the couples and on social media.